Python Developer wanted for exciting opportunity at innovative energy tech company.
Headquartered in Marylebone, London and with global ambitions, Open Energi is a cleantech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimizes distributed energy assets such as batteries, CHPs, hydrogen electrolyers and pumps in real-time, maximising value for end users and providing invisible demand flexibility to create a more sustainable energy future.
We are searching for a Python Developer to join our team.
Role will include:
• Working with our data scientists with any engineering questions or challenges
they may face
• Connect to external APIs ingesting data and deploy ETL pipelines
• Debug production issues across services and stacks (cloud products, VMs, docker)
• Interest in building, maintaining and improving internal APIs, services, and systems
(e.g. queues, lambda functions, VMs)
• Exposure to cloud technologies and relational databases (we use Azure and SQL
Server, but any cloud provider and database vendor will do)
• Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Familiarity with most of these tools: Git, Terraform, Docker, Ansible via CI/CD
pipelines (we use GitLab)
• Able to write automated Unit and Integration Tests
• Comfortable with bash CLI
• Pragmatism: values getting things done over getting things perfect e.g. following
the 80-20 rule
• Someone who loves to learn and share, and is passionate about helping others
Nice to have
• Go (Golang)
• 3+ years of software engineering experience preferred
• Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Engineering or a related scientific field
• Fluent in SQL
• Apache Airflow
• Analysis and improvement of the scalability and security of cloud platforms (you
have built or contributed to a variety of systems, ideally in different technologies)
• Experience using agile tools e.g. Kanban
• Microservices architecture
• Familiarity with Flask for REST APIs
• Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
• Map-reduce patterns
• Coding with concurrency
• You’ve built something cool on your own, because you enjoy doing what you do
If having a hand in the latest innovations and challenges to enable the low carbon transformation of our energy system is of interest to you, send a covering letter and cv to email@example.com.