Data Scientist wanted for exciting opportunity at innovative energy tech company.
Headquartered in Marylebone, London and with global ambitions, Open Energi is a cleantech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimizes distributed energy assets such as batteries, CHPs, and EV chargers in real-time, maximising value for end users and providing invisible demand flexibility to create a more sustainable energy future.
We are searching for a talented Data Scientist to join our Data Science team.
• Make forecasts of energy price, renewable generation and electricity consumption using suitable ML models
• Interact with stakeholders internally and externally to understand site processes, physical assets and constraints
• Use and further develop our proprietary energy optimization platform in existing & new markets
• Monitor asset and portfolio behaviors using automated tooling
• Automate KPI reporting to determine profit and loss & carbon accounting
• Take an interest in software engineering; writing & packaging up code to develop & scale our platform, interacting with APIs, using git and writing tests
We use the latest tools to develop our MS Azure based cloud platform: GitLab, Docker, Slack, cron-jobs, MS SQL Server, Python, Go and Java, Terraform, Ansible and Tableau.
• Have a Masters’ degree or equivalent and minimum of 2 years’ experience working in industry, or a PhD in a physics, engineering, maths or similar
• Highly numerate and enjoy problem solving, are a fast learner & excellent communicator
• A regular user of the Python stack in scientific computing e.g. Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Jupyter; have strong SQL, and familiar with using a source-controlled environment
• Experience in dealing with statistical modelling and time series modelling
• Experience in the field of optimization
• Are familiar with various data formats, sources and practices e.g. web scraping, APIs, json’s, csv’s
• Love working on interesting, real world problems with a practical approach e.g. following the 80-20 rule
• Bonus points for any background in the energy industry and an interest in clean tech & sustainability
If having a hand in the latest innovations and challenges to enable the low carbon transformation of our energy system is of interest to you, send a covering letter and cv to email@example.com.