Data Engineer wanted for exciting opportunity at innovative energy tech company.
Headquartered in Marylebone, London and with global ambitions, Open Energi is a cleantech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimizes distributed energy assets such as batteries, CHPs, hydrogen electrolyers and pumps in real-time, maximising value for end users and providing invisible demand flexibility to create a more sustainable energy future.
We are searching for a Data Engineer to join our Technical team.
- Build on our existing data pipeline to support various business functions; defining star schemas to structure data & shape stakeholder reporting
- Perform, schedule and monitor ETL jobs, following common patterns e.g. map-reduce functions and concurrency to take data from various sources and transform for use in the data science and commercial teams
- Organise our ETL jobs and pipelines in a way that could be inspected and managed by non-technical people (e.g. Azure Logic Apps, Airflow)
- Take an active role in software engineering; writing & packaging up code to develop & scale our platform, interacting with APIs, using git and writing tests
- Is office based but flexible, working closely with the data science team and software team
We use the latest tools to develop our MS Azure based cloud platform: GitLab, Docker, Slack, cron-jobs, MS SQL Server, Python, Go, Terraform and Ansible, and Tableau.
- Have a minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate subject, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience working on backend services & data pipelines in statically compiled languages such as Go, C++ or Java
- Write clean, maintainable, scalable code: preferably – Python and Go using a source-controlled environment
- Have experience of various data formats, sources and practices e.g. web scraping, data warehousing & dimensional modelling, RDMBs
- Have a good understanding of modern software design & are able to write automated unit and integration tests
- Have a good understanding of both Windows and Linux environments to be able to support both data scientists and cloud infrastructure
- Are familiar with the Python stack in scientific computing e.g. Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Jupyter
- Are a confident communicator, a fast learner and are comfortable working in a small, adaptive team in a dynamic start-up environment
- Love working on interesting, real world problems with a practical approach e.g. following the 80-20 rule
If having a hand in the latest innovations and challenges to enable the low carbon transformation of our energy system is of interest to you, send a covering letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.