Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is a leading energy tech company creating advanced technology to deliver an affordable, zero carbon energy future. Our technology platform uses artificial intelligence to automate and optimise distributed energy resources – including industrial processes, battery storage and electric vehicles – to radically reduce energy costs and provide vital flexibility to enable a 100% renewable energy system.
We are breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers and world-renowned technology partners to deliver innovative solutions that are transforming how energy is supplied and consumed.
We are searching for a Data Analyst to join our Commercial team and work closely with our Data Science team.
The role will include:
- Obtaining, manipulating and interpreting data from a variety of sources using various tools
- Analysing asset data to understand physical processes and behaviours of assets, to investigate how their flexibility can be utilised
- Liaising with the data science and operational teams, and presenting analysis in a way that a variety of stakeholders can understand
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate subject, and 1-2 years’ experience in a commercial setting or a Masters qualification
- Motivated self-starting qualities and be capable of handling unstructured tasks, such as drawing conclusions from messy datasets
- Be proficient at MS Excel
- Experience querying databases with SQL and experience with, or a desire to learn, python
- A good understanding of the UK electricity system and an interest in sustainability and more specifically decarbonisation of power systems
Our office is close to Marylebone and has a dynamic start up feel.
If being a part of the seismic shift currently underway in our electricity system, having a hand in the latest innovations and challenges, and manipulating and analysing data in a commercial setting is of interest, send a covering letter and cv to email@example.com.