Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence with data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power while supporting the global transition to a zero-carbon energy system.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimises distributed energy assets to provide flexibility in real-time to the electricity system. We’re breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers to develop innovative technology.
If you would enjoy the challenge of working as part of a small team helping to drive the sustainable energy transition then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst to support our business development and market strategy through conducting techno-economic analysis. It’s a start-up environment, so you will be working on multiple tasks and must be comfortable working across teams and projects.
The role will include:
- Development of techno-economic models for revenue projections
- Risk and scenario analysis and presentation of modelling outputs
- Varied market analysis of UK & international flexibility markets
- Working with data scientists on performance reporting
- Internal reporting for investors and Finance team, eg projecting cash flows
- Business case assessment and supporting contracting commercial agreements
- Research of emerging technologies relevant to the business (e.g. battery chemistries)
- Policy analysis and briefing of business on key industry and regulatory issues
We’re looking for someone with:
- Strong quantitative background; in particular Excel modelling skills
- Self-starter with effective problem-solving abilities, comfortable with unstructured tasks
- A critical thinker with intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions
- Interest in the energy system transition and sustainable technology
- Excellent communication skills, capable of clearly articulating data to a diverse audience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitive discipline is required; and either:
- Post-graduate education (such as a Masters’) in a related field
- 1-2 years experience in a commercial or energy focussed setting
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to give specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.