Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimises distributed energy assets in real-time, maximising value for end users and providing invisible demand flexibility when and where it is most needed to create a more sustainable energy future.
We’re breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers and world-renowned technology partners to deliver innovative solutions that put our customers in control of how, when and from where they consume electricity.
If you would enjoy the challenge of deploying a ground-breaking technology into an emerging market and want to work for an innovative company where you have complete belief in the product and service you represent, we might be just the place for you.
We’re looking to hire a an experienced and driven Business Development Manager to come join our growing team of 3 experienced sales professionals. This will predominantly be focused on directly selling to industrial and commercial energy users, but also developing new sales channels. This is considered a key hire that will report directly into the Commercial Director who sits on the board
- Work closely with Commercial Director and Technical Director to continually refine Sales Strategy to maximise chances of winning new business
- Identify leads and develop value propositions to win new business with new and existing clients
- Maintain good relationships with clients and industry stakeholders
- Speak publicly at events
- Understand Open Energi’s Dynamic Demand 2.0 products and services and technology stack in-depth to align to clients needs and energy strategy
- Work closely with Project Managers to oversee sales projects to the point of deplolyment
- Work closely with Commercial Team to understand changing market dynamics and prices and be able to communicate clearly to clients
- Become proficient in using Dynamic Demand 2.0 Console as a sales tool
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum 5 years experience in B2B sales
- Energy sector sales experience
- Industry experience in Software / SaaS, Technology or Energy Services or CleanTech / alternative energy provision
- Experience working in privately held businesses, ideally high-growth VC or PE backed companies
- People leadership
- Track record of experience for a high-growth technology business (ideally, SaaS)
- Proven ability to build and lead world-class teams
- Natural communicator and public speaker
- Adaptable and flexible – comfortable with the rate of change expected in a rapid-growth business
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure of time and budget
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus
- Based in Open Energi’s London office or Home Based
- Career development opportunities
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to give specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.